2018 is Done and Dusted!
What did you achieve in 2018?
Did you create the life of your dreams? are you at least headed in the right direction.. for you?
Were you on track for most of the time? or did you just float along as if on the current of the sea? buffeted at different times all over the place?
The key to creating and living a conscious life, a life that is just how you want it to be, is knowing where you are headed.
Think about it for a moment, if you started off on a road trip to somewhere you had never been before, do you think you would get there?
Well you may do eventually, if you headed in the general direction, however if you had a map and a plan, I reckon you will get there a whole lot quicker, and more efficiently, AND with a lot less hassle.
Sure it is all about enjoying the journey, checking out the country side, but if you have a bunch of screaming kids in the back seat, I’m willing to bet you would want to make sure you are on the right track!
Have a clear Vision of what you want to create!
Having a clear vision and a set of goals aligned to that vision is so important if you want to get what you want out of life!
How to do that? Here’s a few ideas.
- create a bit of time in your diary to dream and plan..
- make a physical space to do the work. Turn off your devices, or set them to silent.
- get out your journal or notebook or what ever you find useful to record important stuff, and begin…
- I like to allow at least a morning for this activity,
- there are a number of ways you can get started, I like to meditate first, to allow the juicy thoughts to percolate, and bring to mind what I am wanting to focus on. Some people like to be in the outdoors, or walking on a beach etc, whatever works for you is just fine.
- Have a favourite essential oil to use, for a couple of reasons, first, to anchor the vision into your unconscious mind, and secondly to help stimulate your thinking… some good suggestions for this job are: Doterra’s Motivate Blend or Frankincense Essential Oil
- Ask yourself a few simple questions –
- What would I like if there were no obstacles in my way?
- Where do I want to be this time next year?
- Who will I be with?
- What will I be doing?
Make it YOUR Vision
The main thing to remember is that it needs to be YOUR vision, not someone else’s.. so really focus on what YOU want to create!
Your unconscious mind is very powerful and so the combination of a powerful anchor like one of the oils I mentioned and visual prompts, such as a vision board will support your brain to help you get more of what you want!
How it works is that the aroma of the essential oil stimulates your Limbic system in your brain, (that’s the bit that controls your emotions, your stress levels and other important processes) The fragrance will trigger memories and emotions that will support you in a positive way. So when you smell the oil again it has created a powerful link to remind you what you are working toward with your vision. cool eh?
Once you have done your thinking, and allowed your creative juices to flow, you need to get it down on paper.
A great way to do this is to create a vision board, using images of what you want to create, either cut from magazines or books, or photos etc.
Again, this is where your amazing brain steps up, in the form of your RAS or Reticular Activating system. Put really simplistically, once you see images, or hear the words etc, your RAS is activated, and so your brain seeks out and heads toward what it is you are wanting. as portrayed in the images on your vision board. ( bit like a heat seeking missile!)
You can find out more about your RAS here
Time to put it all together
Now you have your vision cemented in and your vision board somewhere you can see it every day, you need to come up with some goals that will support you to make your vision a reality.
Remember! Always make sure your goals are SMART!
Set actionable steps with times for the achievement of them and you are all good to go!
AND of course, the big thing is taking Action!
By following these few simple steps you will ensure you are on the right path to get to where you want to go!
PS have fun with this!
Coming up soon:
If you live in Hawkes Bay, check out my schedule of classes for the upcoming month! including a Vision Board Workshop on 26 January 2019 !